jeudi 29 novembre 2012

Letter to an unschooling dad - Happy birthday !

Dear Stephane,

On your birthday, I want to wish you a nice and enjoyable evening filled with love, surprises, good moments.

I'm glad you were born, I thank you for being in my life, for 30 years now.

Thank you for being who you are, genuine and sincere.

I'm glad you're a loving father, who is constantly trying to do better, and offering support and assistance to our children in their projects.

I wish I had a gift for you, something that can make you happy, and make you feeling good. I come empty-handed, but with a heart full of love.


In these challenging times, when we find ourselves having to find, to create, a new way of living for our family, I can not help but being filled with gratitude for the generosity and understanding that you express, what allowed us to live together. I've always enjoyed being present with our children every day, to accompany them in everything they like, discovering and learning at their sides.


I know that being an unschooling dad, more in a francophone province, where there are few other dads who make this choice, is sometimes a challenge in a world where people are often disconnected from life, from a real life. I think your perseverance is an example that shines, and it touches many people, for a long time.

Thank you for giving us a space, a computer and Internet access, for the past ten years. This allowed us to write, to learn English, learn and have fun doing research, studying all those different subjects that interest us..., and finally finding families living unschooling. Most are very distant from us, but thanks to the Internet, we can keep in touch. Thank you for that too!

Thank you for your support and your commitment to our children, by the gift of self that you do every day to do serve people, offering your skills in exchange for lodging and food,...  and sometimes a little more, which allowed us to live even more good moments together.

I know that the best gift would be for you today, to be with your children. Enjoy life WITH them daily. Since we have welcomed them into our homes, into our lives, I know how much you miss them sometimes.  I admire your courage, continuing to act, at all times, for the well-being of our family. As Sandra Dodd wrote about her husband, Keith, I see in this, your noble heart. In the meantime, I continue to do my part, by your side, so that this desire could become reality one day for you, for our children, for all the dads in the world (and the moms too), and for all the children.

Thank you for being there,

I love you ♥

Edith

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Les commentaires sont bienvenus.
(Note: tout commentaire irrespectueux sera supprimé.)